Sunday, November 06, 2011

RIP Jensen

This is Jensen.  We had him put to sleep on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.  He was over 18 years old. 
I had a co-worker many years ago that had a bunch of kittens.  I had told her if there was an orange male, then I wanted one.  At the time, I didn't know that most orange cats are male.  Anyway, I picked him out when he was somewhere between 3-6 weeks old and took him home when he was 8 weeks old.  The last few years, he had been declining, lost about half his weight as he was once big and fluffy.  In the end, he really didn't like to be touched except to be petting on his head.  He loved to eat and would follow you for treats.  I think we did it just at the right time as with the storm last weekend, we were without power from Saturday afternoon till Wednesday afternoon.  I really think the cold house would have been a lot for him to handle as he seemed arthritic (along with other issues) in the end and had a little trouble when he would lay down.  The two 3 year old kitties seemed sad for a few days and though they all weren't the best of buddies, they would occasionally all sleep together on the love seat.  Jensen will be missed, he was named for the Jensen brothers that played tennis and won the French Open doubles one year.  I wish I had more pictures of him but he was around before I had a digital camera.  Now to find the pictures I do have and scan them into the computer.  RIP Jensen.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is so hard. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you...

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger kathy b said...

Im so sorry for your Jensen's passing. I love my cats. We put out Fiona down early this year at nearly 17 . They are such loves. they just don't live long enough. I came to you from Carol's blog btw

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Kim said...

So sorry. :-( RIP little kitty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home