Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

The Ten on Tuesday topic for 7/19 is 10 Favorite Beach Songs.

These are not necessarily "beach" songs but they are songs that remind me of when I was a teenager at my parents cottage and other times at the beach.

I can't find my favorite summer song.  It's about riding in a car, I thought it was a local CT band but I can't find anything on it by searching the internet.  I Love this song, haven't heard it in awhile, it always made me turn up the radio and sing along.  Now I will be listening to the radio for it.

1)  John Travolta and Olivia Newton John - Summer Nights - from my favorite movie, Grease
2)   Katrina and the Wave - Walking on Sunshine
3)  Otis Redding - Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay
4)  The Go Go's - Vacation
5)  Bananarama - Cruel Summer
6)  Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do
7)  Sly and the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime
8)  The Drifters - Under the Boardwalk
9)  Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
10)  Alice Cooper - School's Out

3 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Love these 10 on Tuesdays. I remember taking driver's ed in highschool and the song "Hitching a ride" was on the radio as we were driving on the road parallel to the
beach, and as we as we passed the trees planed along the highway, it made a whooshing sound in time to the music.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

That's planted, not planed.

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Geri said...

Great Songs! Are you feeling better? I've been thinking about you since camp!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home